Real Madrid star Karim Benzema would definitely be proud of the times he finds himself in after being given a return back to the France National Team.
Before his presser to announce the squad for the EURO 2020, there were so many media outlets reporting that the forward was set for a shocking return after his impressive form.
That is exactly what a player like Benzema deserved after years of focusing on just club activities following his exclusion from international duties.
Benzema last played for the France national team in October 2015 being punished by head coach Didier Deschamps for his alleged role in the Mathieu Valbuena saga.
For the records, the 33-year-old has become an important figure in the Real Madrid team, contributing to most of the goals since the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo from the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer of 2018.
According to the French media, Karim Benzema’s performances for Madrid had given Deschamps more of a headache and the coach had already made plans to go with the striker to the Euros after the squad size was increased.
The once upon a time target man has 27 goals in 81 games for France and is the ideal name to lead the line for France at the championship considering the kind of form he is in right now.
Karim Benzema was absent during the 2016 Euros which the squad finished second while also missing out on the 2018 World Cup triumph in Russia.
France Euro 2020 squad: Full 26-man squad
- GK: Hugo Lloris, (Tottenham Hotspur)
- GK: Steve Mandanda, (Marseille)
- GK: Mike Maignan, (Lille)
- DF: Raphaël Varane, (Real Madrid)
- DF: Jules Kounde, (Sevilla)
- DF: Lucas Digne, (Everton)
- DF: Benjamin Pavard, (Bayern Munich)
- DF: Lucas Hernandez, (Bayern Munich)
- DF: Presnel Kimpembe, (Paris Saint-Germain)
- DF: Clement Lenglet, (Barcelona)
- DF: Kurt Zouma, (Chelsea)
- DF: Leo Dubois, (Lyon)
- MF: Paul Pogba, (Manchester United)
- MF: Moussa Sissoko, (Tottenham Hotspur)
- MF: N’Golo Kanté, (Chelsea)
- MF: Adrien Rabiot, (Juventus)
- MF: Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich)
- FW: Olivier Giroud, (Chelsea)
- FW: Antoine Griezmann, (Barcelona)
- FW: Kylian Mbappé, (Paris Saint-Germain)
- FW: Kingsley Coman, (Bayern Munich)
- FW: Thomas Lemar, (Atletico Madrid)
- FW: Ousmane Dembele, (Barcelona)
- FW: Wissam Ben Yedder, (Monaco)
- FW: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- FW: Marcus Thuram (Borussia Monchengladbach)